Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting Back Up

So you could say I've fallen off the training a bit this past month. And the truth is I have no one to blame but myself. But I've promised myself that I will run four times this week and yoga twice. I'm started well with a great three mile run yesterday. I missed yoga this morning, but will make it up tomorrow evening.

My inspiration is a book titled: Anti Cancer: A New Way of Life, by David Servan-Schreiber. Mike and I were lucky enough go to the official launch party and hear from David himself about the book and his personal struggles with cancer. He takes the "you are what you eat" adage a few steps further -- "you are what you eat, drink and do and who you hang out with." I can't wait to read the book.

The truth is if we all work to be better versions of ourselves, the world would be a much better place. As simple as that seems, that's my goal. Each day I'm going to try to improve on the fabulousness that is me. Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment