Thursday, April 23, 2009

Taking Back the Morning

To be fair on myself, I have to admit that it’s been a hard year. My hub’s sickness really took its toll on me – physically and emotionally. My entire schedule was messed up for four months.

But the excuses have to end. It’s time for me to get back into my training – for life. I did indeed accomplish my goal of running a half marathon (I’ll write more on that later). At the end of which, I said, “I didn’t like that.” So my new goal is to run one that doesn’t hurt quite as much. Perhaps the weather can be above 26 at the start and the water station at mile 10 won’t be filled with ice – more importantly, though, I will have trained right.

I was reminded of this by a New York Times article today that focuses on the importance of training to succeed.

And in doing so, I will try to keep this blog as updated as possible on my progress. That said; blogging can’t get in the way of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment